Our projects are addressing the global problem of climate change, mostly due to carbon dioxide levels today are higher than at any point in at least the past 800,000 years. Rising carbon dioxide concentrations, which is a greenhouse gas, is driving global heating, causing the planet to heat up. The degree to which temperatures go up will depend in part on how much more carbon humans release into the atmosphere in the future.
Our large scale revegetation projects, where we plant millions of native trees on mostly degraded land have so many positive attributes like absorbing carbon dioxide (CO2) from the atmosphere, by using native seedlings to revegetate the land, we’re repairing the environment and returning the natural biodiversity that once thrived in those areas, repairing land affected by rising salinity, desertification, over farming and the like.
Some of other benefits are listed here:
- Helping to combat climate change
- Repairing severely damaged land
- Replanting native biodiverse forests
- Creating an environment where native animal species will return to those areas
- Restoring and improving waterways and wetlands
- Creating large scale carbon sinking areas
- Planting millions of trees to produce clean oxygen, store carbon, stabilise the soil and give life to wildlife in the area.
- Assisting the Federal Govt to meet our Paris Agreement commitments as currently, Australia will effectively be abandoning the Paris agreement unless it makes at least a 50% cut in greenhouse gas emissions by 2030 and reaches net zero well before 2050, according to an analysis by policymakers and scientists.